***KAVart is currently in its Second Edition. If you are still running the Excel-based version you are missing out on a number of great features and benefits***
KAVart SE is a reporting tool that automates the execution, formatting, distribution, and notification of Caché SQL reports. KAVart SE does not warehouse data but instead utilizes an ODBC connection to execute reports directly against the Caché database. KAVart SE saves time and effort by automating the steps that would otherwise need to be performed manually. The report output is stored in an Excel table which can then be formatted into one or more Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, or any other graphical representation available within Excel. Reports have the option of being emailed to one or more distribution groups that are defined at the report level. By utilizing a shared network drive for the output of the reports, completion notifications can provide hyperlinks to open the report directly from its shared location, providing management with real-time notifications and ease of access. Windows Task Scheduler is utilized for scheduling and allows specific run times for individual reports or batch processing.
Benefits of KAVart SE
- Ability to run multiple reports simultaneously on the same server using the same ODBC connection
- Eliminates the need to closely manage report schedules: KAVart SE immediately starts running reports when scheduled instead of requiring prior reports to be complete
- Ability to view the status of reports from within the application with the option to end or stop reports that are currently running
- Increased reliability by improving offline automation
- A new, simplified interface for creating and maintaining the reports
- Expedited end-user updates via the new dedicated application
- Enhanced Caché SQL query layout configuration that simplifies new report setup
- Removal of requirement to open each report base file to modify settings
- Retained the option to open the base file for each report for making modifications to the Pivot Table/Chart in the familiar MS Excel format
- Improved report and error logging to capture more information for maintenance and troubleshooting
Common Caché Misconceptions
- Caché is for ETM data only. Wrong, Caché can query anything stored in DBMS.
- Caché is a completely new language that I have to learn. Although Caché uses its own conventions for table naming it is very similar to the SQL used in other database software.
What can KAVart SE and KAV do for you?
- Train on writing Caché queries
- Assist in migrating reporting from antiquated solutions to Caché
- Build daily, weekly, and monthly reports to meet real-time information needs not met by data warehouses
- Develop tailored reports for decision making at each level of Management and even for end-users