Linda McDaniel has over 30 years in the healthcare industry, specializing in all areas of business office operations and project management. Extensive expertise in analyzing, auditing, training, and problem-solving and a proven track record in managing and leading others through collaboration and interpersonal communication to complete goals and deliver positive results within schedule and budget constraints.
KAV Consulting, LLC
2012 - Present
Diagnostic Health Corporation/HealthSouth
1995 - 2012
- National Business Office Specialist
- Supported approximately 62 freestanding diagnostic facilities and the national business/billing office in all areas of business office operations.
- Developed and implemented the strategy for building, maintaining and utilizing a contract database for approximately 600 Managed Care contracts covering 85% of total gross revenue.
- Served as Project Manager for hiring and managing the team that built the contract database and corresponding data files within established deadlines and budget constraints.
- Responsibilities included managing the maintenance and use of the contract database to forecast net revenue and contractual information and validate payer reimbursement.
- Was responsible for identifying and coordinating documentation for recovery of over a million dollars of underpayments.
- Developed and documented policies and procedures for several areas of business office operations and created and implemented audit and control tools.
- Served as interim administrator at the Beaumont center, a multi-modality facility, for 5 months to coordinate construction, equipment purchases/repairs and operations after hurricane Rita damage and upper management re-structure.
- Served as Project Manager for several special projects related to training and process improvements for billing, collections, recovery, intake and business controls.
- Regional Business Office Specialist
- Responsibilities included supporting 31 freestanding diagnostic facilities in all areas of business office operations.
- Successfully moved the billing and collections responsibilities from a regional setting to each facility.
- Developed and implemented reimbursement tracking tools to ensure correct reimbursement.
- Assisted facility management with handling reimbursement, coding, and clean claim audits.
- Worked with the IT team to adapt the computer systems to payer clean claim requirements to maximize electronic billing.
- Completed several system cleanup projects to obtain consistent financial information across databases.
- Worked with center management consistently on analyzing, developing, implementing and assessing accounts receivable collection strategies.
- Regional Business Office Manager
- Established and executed procedures for monitoring, reporting and managing accounts receivable, revenue and utilization information for the diagnostic facilities.
- Prepared accounts payable invoices and office payroll.
- Established and executed procedures required to maintain expenses based on budgeted guidelines.
- Prepared all provider applications and maintained credentialing information. Supervised and participated in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports for the facilities.
- Hired, trained, assessed, disciplined and terminated employees.
- Coordinated computer conversions for the diagnostic facilities and the regional business office.
- Patient Account Representative
- Performed insurance verification and patient registration.
- Input patient data, collected co-pays and set payment arrangements.
- Scheduled exams and screened and prepped patients.
- Duties also included collecting attorney accounts and appealing insurance denials
- Billing and Accounts Receivable (BAR)
- Paperless Collections System (PCS)
- DBMS - both Report Writer and Screen Builder
- Claim Form Generator
- Transaction Editing System (TES)
- Enterprise Task Manager (ETM)
- Payor Contracts Module (PCM)